St. Mel School is committed to integrating our Catholic faith with excellence in academics.
Catholic faith and values are integrated into the life and culture of the community and support the spiritual, emotional, and social development of each student. Students are guided into becoming active Catholics with self-respect, respect for others, and a reverence for all of God’s creation.
- There is a comprehensive religion curriculum in grades TK thru Eigth and the parish priests are a valuable resource for the religious program..
- Each day begins with a shared prayer .
- Children attend Mass with their Faith Family once a week.
- Each class participates in a special school liturgy attended by all students and many members of the parent community.
- Preparation for the reception of the sacraments is part of the curriculum in the second grade (Reconciliation and First Eucharist) and the Eight grade (Confirmation).
- During the seasons of Advent and Lent, the students attend a Reconciliation Service.
- Students have the opportunity to participate in the celebration of Mass as lectors, choir members, and altar servers.